1. Website Planet
  2. >
  3. News
  4. >
  5. Google To Buy Wiz in Its Biggest Acquisition Ever
Google To Buy Wiz in Its Biggest Acquisition Ever

Google To Buy Wiz in Its Biggest Acquisition Ever

Andrés Gánem Written by:
Maggy Di Costanzo Reviewed by: Maggy Di Costanzo
Last updated: April 04, 2025
Google has reached an agreement to acquire cybersecurity firm Wiz for $32 billion, in what will be the biggest acquisition in the company’s history. The deal, announced in a March 18 press release, is still subject to regulatory approval. It follows a failed attempt last year when negotiations fell through.

Wiz, a relatively young Israeli startup, manages security tools to protect cloud-based information. As Google seeks to expand its AI operations, this purchase would give the tech giant a significant advantage over its competition.

“This acquisition represents an investment by Google Cloud to accelerate two large and growing trends in the AI era: improved cloud security and the ability to use multiple clouds (multicloud),” reads the press release.

Google had previously bid $23 billion for Wiz, which at the time would have been its largest purchase. However, negotiations fell through in July when Wiz said it would shift focus to an initial public offering. Some experts believe that recent stock market volatility may have influenced Wiz’s decision to renegotiate.

“We expect this change to enable us to execute and innovate even faster. Becoming part of Google Cloud […] will accelerate our rate of innovation faster than what we could achieve as a standalone company,” Wiz’s co-founder and CEO Assaf Rappaport wrote in a recent blog post.

Rappaport also ensured that this newest deal wouldn’t translate into exclusivity when working with Google servers. “We both also believe Wiz needs to remain a multicloud platform, so that across any cloud, we will continue to be a leading platform. We will still work closely with our great partners at AWS, Azure, Oracle, and across the entire industry.”

Sources close to the deal have said the final green light for executives of both companies happened when US President Donald Trump took office in January. They believe the new administration could lead to a more favorable antitrust review, as reported by Reuters.

Last year, the US Department of Justice proposed a breakup of Google after a court ruled that the company constituted an illegal monopoly under US laws. Google’s case is still pending in court, and antitrust regulators are yet to inspect the deal, but both companies seem optimistic about their prospects.

Should they get the necessary approval, both companies are expected to close the deal in 2026.

Rate this Article
5.0 Voted by 3 users
You already voted! Undo
This field is required Maximal length of comment is equal 80000 chars Minimal length of comment is equal 10 chars
Any comments?
Reply
View %s replies
View %s reply
More news
Show more
We check all user comments within 48 hours to make sure they are from real people like you. We're glad you found this article useful - we would appreciate it if you let more people know about it.
Popup final window
Share this blog post with friends and co-workers right now:
1 1 1

We check all comments within 48 hours to make sure they're from real users like you. In the meantime, you can share your comment with others to let more people know what you think.

Once a month you will receive interesting, insightful tips, tricks, and advice to improve your website performance and reach your digital marketing goals!

So happy you liked it!

Share it with your friends!

1 < 1 1

Or review us on 1

3624228
50
5000
114315938